View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Harwell ProTuck IWB - good to go! 

I got my CCH a few months back and the search began for a comfortable IWB for daily carry. I found a lot of great reviews on the Crossbreed SuperTuck. I started researching the SuperTuck and it seems that everyone who has one claim that it is the most comfortable IWB holster they've had. However, I wasn't thrilled with the price + shipping. They're really proud of their product!

What I did find, with a bit more searching, was a less expensive alternative with all the same features as the Crossbreed, at a significant savings. I've had and been wearing my ProTuck for about a month now, and I must say, it's conformed very nicely to my body and is comfortable in any position, whether standing, sitting, driving, or whatever. It's so comfortable, that I've begun recommending it to friends and family. My husband recently purchased his and is very happy with it as well.

I got the natural leather, while my husband purchased the dyed black version. We've compared them side by side and determined that the natural is a bit thinner and a more supple leather, but his black one seems to be breaking in nicely as well.

If you're looking for a comfortable IWB, I highly recommend the ProTuck.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:15 pm

I have one of these also, purchased from https://www.harwellholsters.com/ Shipping was fast, ordered on a Friday, received on the following Wednesday.

I ordered the Black Leather with the heavy-duty Kydex clips (.125"), I've found the adjust-ability fit and finish and general look are top notch. @ approx 63.00 shipped I've also found this to be a great deal versus the bigger name brands.

Break in period was about 4 days of continual use, and now after 2 weeks of ownership I find it's almost no there. I lowered the holster via the different clip position holes and gave it a good 15-20 degree cant for ease of presentation. My EDC is a Springer XDS, usually with a 7 round mag loaded and a 5 rounder in my pocket, when I'm wearing a non-CC friendly shirt, I'll swap to the 5 rounder to minimize the press associated with the longer grip.

Overall, I think I lucked out and found "the one" on my first attempt, usually it takes at least 2 or 3 tries to find a good holster that fits well and functions well.

NachO

Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]