View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Kansas Carry question. 

In the case of most AMC theaters - I've seen a "non-legal" no weapons sign posted at the bottom of the entrance doors. Kansas has a very prescriptive requirement as to how the sign must be posted and what it must look like in order to carry the force of law.

My question is, do you carry past these non-valid signs? If so, what do you do when your "busted"?

Personally, I do not shop at or spend money with businesses that post the legal version of the gun buster sign, I believe in voting with my dollar, so to speak. I also will attempt to contact the business owner/manager and explain the loss of my patronage. Do you?

I like to hear others point of view on this matter as CC is a key part of ensuring my family and myself are prepared for any one of the crazy circumstances that could present themselves in todays world.

NachO

Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:54 am

I would not advocate carrying past a non compliant sign once you become aware of it. Given how incredibly incorrectly some establishments are posted, I'm sure a lot of people inadvertently carry past them every day. I know that I did several times at a restaurant that had the signs printed on clear backing, posted at the very bottom of the glass wall next to the door, and with a trash can conveniently placed in front of it. On one visit they happened to be emptying the trash can - that's the only reason I became aware of it. I locked my gun in my friend's car for that visit, left them a "no guns no money" card, and haven't been back.

So far, to my knowledge, there hasn't been a test case of anyone carrying in an improperly posted business. I would hope that a good lawyer could get the charge reduced or dismissed. At the very least though, you're going to be looking at quite a few bucks in legal fees and are probably going to get to ride in a police car.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]